Web Designer Needed
Keen i Media is a 10-year old established Bahamian media company with an immediate opening for a full-time web designer. The web designer will handle all aspects of all interactive/web projects for the company and its clients. This person should be skilled at conceiving and creating websites that are functional, dynamic, effective, and capable of meeting the business and communications objectives of the company and its clients.
The web designer works with the entire team within the agency to produce, maintain and update content and design for agency produced and maintained websites.
The web designer should be capable of handling multiple projects, and have strong interpersonal skills. This person should have a well-developed design sensibility and an eye for detail, and possess advanced skills in verbal and written communications with the ability to write copy. The web designer must be a self-starter and have the ability to think creatively.
The web designer should have extensive knowledge of and experience in web site creation, including full design and functionality on desktop and mobile devices. The web designer must have advanced experience and capabilities with WordPress and Photoshop. Strong and demonstrable familiarity with web technologies such as HTML 5, PHP, CSS, cPanel, WHM, and SQL database configuration are essential. This person should also have extensive experience with and/or knowledge of best practices in web navigation and web page layout, as well as troubleshooting cross platform issues, browser and platform compatibility and capability, animation, image compression, size and speed issues.
- Designing & creating WordPress-based websites and other interactive projects.
- Developing hypertext markup, PHP and CSS code for assigned web projects based on creative and marketing strategies stated in approved proposals.
- Working with client service teams to develop proposals for site development as part of the overall client strategic planning and sales process.
- Producing and presenting website plans and proposals.
- Testing web programming to ensure functionality for active websites.
- Posting tested and approved coded data to active websites.
- Regularly maintaining and updating active websites maintained by the agency, both by programming code for new information, and updating existing programming code to ensure sites stay functional as technology changes.
- Assisting internal and external customers to enable the ongoing management of websites.
- Creating mobile apps using mobile app development tools.
- Writing copy and helping develop content for web/interactive projects.
- Performing frequent back-ups of all agency intranet/web-based projects, using on-site and off-site storage resources.
- Conducting security audits, monitoring for security breaches, responding to security concerns.
- Staying current on all programming-related technology trends and innovations, and communicating regularly with management regarding training needs, or hardware and software upgrades to keep the agency on the leading edge of interactive design.
- Maintaining hosting and delivery hardware and software to ensure the safe, secure, efficient and constant operation of the equipment and its related services.
- All other tasks related to the creation, operation and delivery of websites for the agency and its clients.
- A wide body of work that demonstrates your abilities in the above areas
- Multiple years of professional experience in planning, creating, developing, launching and managing websites for commercial clients
- Experience in advanced Photoshop (or equivalent) for professional graphic design projects
- A deep desire and passion for technology and its creative use in business and communications applications
- Be a Bahamian citizen or have the unrestricted right to work within the Bahamas, based in Freeport or willing to relocate
- An indisputable work ethic, unquestionable trustworthiness, career-minded, unwavering company loyalty, motivated, undistracted, committed to excellence, and passionate about team achievement.
[ APPLY NOW ]